Environmental Policy Statement
Crest Commercial Removals Limited realises the need to reduce the consumption of natural energy and resources to protect the environment whenever possible as part of our corporate responsibility within the context of our business strategy.
Crest is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment.
We recognise that we have social responsibilities that go beyond the provisions of the relevant Acts and Regulations and that we should support and contribute to protecting the environment through all aspects of our work and practices. In so doing, we will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
We will promote environmental awareness amongst our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner. We will train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
We will review and monitor our environmental progress on a yearly basis to ensure we continue to make a positive impact on the environment.
We will take positive steps to ensure we promote and actively encourage the following principles to our employees, customers and suppliers:
- All vehicles are rigorously checked, maintained and regularly serviced to a high standard
- Vehicles are operated and driven in a manner that promotes fuel efficiency and reduces emissions
- Waste is removed and disposed of safely and responsibly
- We recycle office consumables, including cardboard, cartridges, paper and plastics
- We provide good training and adhere to responsible work practices regarding the use of space within our vehicles, ensuring the minimum usage of vehicles
- The development and usage of new products, processes and equipment that improves performance and reduces impact on the environment
- Safe disposal, transportation and recycling of goods to accredited waste management sites
- Donate surplus PC equipment that is safe for use to a charity or community projects for education, training and development
- The use of sustainable materials wherever possible for example blankets instead of paper during transit